On the weekend residents and visitors alike can enjoy a relaxing shopping experience while supporting local food producers and manufacturers.
- Gruene Market Days - www.gruenemarketdays.com
- Occurs the third weekend of every month other than December when it is the first weekend. Market days are Saturday and Sunday from 10 AM – 5 PM
- New Braunfels Farm to Market - http://www.nbfarmersmarket.com/
- Occurs every Saturday from 9 AM – 1 PM and is located in downtown New Braunfels
Potential vendors of food product need to talk with our office prior to participating with either of these events. Depending on the product wanting to be sold at either of the markets permitting may be required. Please call our office to discuss at 830/221-4070.
Potential vendors that manufacture a product at a permitted location need to follow the same steps as those individuals who are selling other food items. The following links will provide potential vendors with information concerning acquiring a manufacturing license from The State of Texas and contact information for their regional office in San Antonio.
- Contact Information - http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/region8/fooddrug.shtm
- Food Manufacturers - http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/foods/manufacturers.aspx
- Meat Safety Assurance Unit - https://www.dshs.state.tx.us/meat/
- FAQ for Farmers Market
The following links provide information on initiatives that are available to manufacturers and producers within the State of Texas.
- Go Texan - http://www.gotexan.org/
- Texas Department of Agriculture - http://www.texasagriculture.gov/
All vendors offering any type of food or beverage must submit a completed application to our office.
City of New Braunfels Farmer's Market Application