Computers and the Internet
The library has 24 computer workstations available for public use inside the library that are managed by a reservation system. The computers may be used for up to three hours per day per patron. We also have 5 Express Stations that may be used for 20 minutes.
Each computer includes:
- USB drive, DVD-ROM / CD-RW
- Internet access
- Microsoft Office Suite 2007/2010 (includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Publisher)
- Black and white printing for 10 cents per page
- Color printing for 50 cents per page
- Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari internet browsers
Patrons who are 17 years old or younger must come with a parent / legal guardian who can sign a written permission form for their internet use.
Please read our Library Internet Policy here for more details.
Availability:Wireless connectivity is available at New Braunfels Public Library. Patrons with a notebook or laptop PC equipped with a wireless network card conforming to the 802.11b and 802.11g standards are permitted to configure their own computers for access to the internet.
- Library staff is not authorized or trained to configure personal computers for patrons.
- The library assumes no responsibility for any alterations or interference with a laptop’s configuration, operation, or data files resulting from connection to the wireless network.
- Patrons using the library’s wireless access are governed by the same policies as those using the library’s workstations.
- Printing is available for computers using the wireless network.
- Single day-use printing software may be downloaded from the library's website. Ask a librarian for assistance with this service.