Native Elements Artwork located in the Castell Lobby.
Elements was created by local artist and business owner, Sheri Jentsch,
as her first public mural. The abstract mosaic, arranged as a
representation of New Braunfels’ rivers, is made
of milled cedar planks, limestone, oak tree wood slices, cedar tree
wood slices, mountain laurel red berries, pecans, river rock, wisteria
pods, driftwood, acorns, burr oak pods, lichen branches and moss – all
native elements to our community.
Hermann Seele Paintings located in the concourse.
Seele is displayed in two downtown New Braunfels locations: in tile at
146 North Castell Avenue and in oil paint in the Civic/Convention
Center. Five paintings depicting Seele’s life, on display in the
concourse were created by Brent McCarthy, a New Braunfels resident and
artist. These paintings were then scanned, enlarged, and transferred to
bisque tiles as part of an outdoor mural. The Historic Outdoor Art
Museum chose Seele as their subject due to his diverse contribution to
the community as well as being the colony’s first teacher in 1845.
Prince Carl Statue located on Seguin by the marquee.
July 27, 1812, Prince Carl of Solms Braunfels, was a German prince, a
military officer and served as commissioner general of the first colony
that the society, known as the Adlesverien, established in Texas. He
arrived on Texas soil on July 1, 1844, and purchased 1,265 acres on the
Guadalupe River, including the Comal Springs, where he established the
colony of New Braunfels, Texas on March 21, 1845. The life-sized bronze
statue, created by local artist Paul Tadlock, stands guard in front of
the Civic/Convention Center.