Guadalupe River Recreation Information
RIVER PARKS OPEN WITH RESTRICTIONS
Parks open 9am-8pm daily with limited capacity
Open during the warm months for daily recreation, the Guadalupe River is a rugged body of water that originates from flows out of Canyon Lake. The headwaters spring up near Kerrville, flowing through the Texas Hill Country, eventually landing in Canyon Lake. The information on this page is provided for the Guadalupe River within New Braunfels city limits. Information for the Guadalupe River in Comal County is available at the Water Oriented Recreation District. Below you will find River Rules & Regulations, Hours of Operation, Parking Information, and a list of River Outfitters & Access Points.
Guadalupe River Rules & Regulations
- No disposable containers - Quick Reference Chart Download
- No glass
- No foam containers
- No littering
- Life jackets are recommended for weak swimmers and children under eight - available at your River Outfitter.
- No volume drinking devices
- No containers under 5 fluid oz.
- Noise devices may not be audible beyond 50 feet
- No jumping from bridges, dams, or trees
- Coolers must have a locking mechanism on the lid (zipper, Velcro, latch, cord) with a maximum size of 30 quarts and 1 cooler per person
- Vessels on the rivers may not be over 18 feet in length
- Limit of two tubes per person
Guadalupe River Hours and Parking
Hours of Operation: The Guadalupe River is currently open for recreation. The entrance and exit access points are open daily from 6 a.m. to midnight.
Parking: River Outfitters typically have on-site or no charge parking with shuttle services provided.
Guadalupe River Tubing Outfitters
A River Outfitter is your one-stop shop for enjoying our waterways. They are available to answer any of your river-related questions or concerns. Typically, their prices range from $15-$22 and include your shuttle, tube rental, and fees. More information available at www.TubeInNewBraunfels.com
Guadalupe River Access Points
The following public entrance and exit access points are open daily from 6 a.m. to midnight.
Guadalupe River Recreation Thresholds - View Current Flow Rate
|100 - 500 cfs||Recreational flow - all activities are available|
|500 - 750 cfs||All activities are available - caution to swimmers; Life Jacket required for all persons under 8.|
|750 - 1000 cfs||Tubing questionable - use extreme caution; Life Jackets required for all people.|
|1000 - 3000 cfs||No tubing - raft and kayak trips only|
|3000 cfs +||Guided trips only - check with local river outfitters for their policies|