Das Rec will host “Food for Thought,” a community lunch and learn series giving local businesses and organizations the opportunity to present educational, health-focused information to members on the third Friday of every month from Sept. 2019 – May 2020.
Organizations must complete an application and be approved by Das Rec management. Once approved, the organization will be provided with available dates to choose from. The “Bite-Sized Learning,” a community lunch and learn series, will be promoted to the Das Rec membership base of 14,000 people via print, social media and through our email newsletter.
Guidelines & Eligibility Requirements
All participating businesses/organizations:
- Must be located within the corporate city limits of New Braunfels.
- Must provide an education topic, session description and, outcomes related to health and wellness.
- Are not required to provide lunch for the group but must notate on the application if they will or will not provide lunch. If lunch is provided it must be catered or box lunches, food cannot be self-prepared.
- Must provide a high-resolution logo to be used on promotional materials.
- Are not permitted to sell anything or take donations of any kind.
- Are responsible for leaving the room clean.
- Absenteeism without prior notification will result in not being considered for the program the following year.
2019-2020 Available Program Dates:
“Food for Thought” begins in September and will run through May each year, breaking during the
summer months (June, July and August). It is held from noon to 1:00 p.m. Current available dates are as follows:
- November 15, 2019
- December 20, 2019
- February 21, 2020
- March 20, 2020
- April 17, 2020
- May 15, 2020
Applications may be picked up directly at Das Rec and are available online at dasrec.com. They may be turned in directly at Das Rec or emailed to email@example.com.