City Tube Chute on the Comal River
The City Tube Chute is a water slide carved into the side of the City’s dam on the Comal River. It diverts tubers around the dam as they float the river. It is an exhilarating ride that attracts tubers from all around the area and is the longest of its kind in the world. The City Tube Chute facility features tube rentals and personal flotation devices.
100 Liebscher Drive
New Braunfels, TX 78130
City Tube Chute Rules
- No alcohol on City property
- Hanging on the Tube Chute wall is not permitted
- No canoes, kayaks or any other objects that may be rendered unsafe are allowed through the chute
- No jumping or diving
- No Styrofoam or glass is allowed
- No tubes larger than 60 inches wide will be allowed through the chute
Thank you for floating with us in 2021! The Tube Chute facility is now closed.
You can still float the Comal River and access the City Tube Chute, however, lifeguards are no longer on duty.
There is a two minute drop off zone at the entrance to the City Tube Chute and Hinman Island Park. Please do not park or unload in the grass or a non-designated area, as this will result in your vehicle being ticketed and towed.
Rental of The City Tube Chute
The City Tube Chute is only available for rental for water safety training by a public safety agency or training academy. Please contact the Parks Administrative Office at 830-221-4350.