The City of New Braunfels will issue proclamations at no charge to recognize or increase awareness of an event, person, group, issue, achievement, or any other occasion within New Braunfels. The Mayor of New Braunfels will make the final decision on whether a proclamation will be issued or not.
- All requests for proclamations must be made in writing through the City Secretary's Office.
- Applications for proclamations will not be accepted more than six months before the proposed City Council meeting and no later than 30 days before the proposed City Council meeting.
- The requestor must draft language and provide it to the City Secretary's Office for formatting.
- The requestor must also be present a the City Council meeting to receive the proclamation.
- The Mayor of New Braunfels will make the final decision on whether a proclamation will be issued or not.
Before submitting a proclamation request, you must read the City's Proclamation Policy. Proclamation requests must be made no later than 30 days prior to the event due to agenda publishing deadlines.
Below is the link to submit the Proclamation Application:
Need help with wording for your Proclamation? Here are two examples for you to use as guidance.
Any additional questions please call the City Secretary's Office at (830) 221-4010