Boards & Commissions
The City of New Braunfels has many opportunities for civic engagement and involvement for its citizens. One of the best ways to get involved in your local government is to serve on a board or commission.
The City has recently reorganized the schedule used by City Council to appoint new members to the 31 boards and commissions that advise them on a variety of topics. City Council will appoint members twice a year, with a slate of appointments in the Spring and another in the Fall.
- Appointments under the Spring term will end on May 31st of each year, with the new appointment beginning on June 1st.
- Appointments under the Fall term will end November 30th each year, with the new appointment beginning on December 1st.
Every meeting of the board and/or commission is open to the public to attend. The Texas Open Meetings Act is detailed in Chapter 551 of the Government Code. It states that governmental bodies must hold open meetings unless there is an authorized reason for a closed session, also known as an executive session.
The following boards & commissions will have terms ending November 30th each year, with new terms beginning on December 1st of each year. Applications are now being accepted for the boards that have Fall appointments, and applications are due by September 30th, 2021.
- Animal Services Advisory Board
- Building Standards Commission
- Cemetery Committee
- Civil Service Commission
- Library Board
- NBEDC (4B Board)
- Parks & Recreation Board
- Partnership Committee
- Workforce Housing Committee
- Community Development Authority Committee
- Landa Park Golf Course Advisory Board
- River Advisory Committee
The following boards & commissions will have terms ending May 31st each year, with new terms beginning on June 1st of each year. Applications will be accepted from February 1st to March 31st.
- Airport Advisory Board
- Arts Commission
- Central Texas Technology Center Advisory Board
- Construction Board of Appeals
- Downtown Board
- Ethics Commission
- Heritage Commission
- Historic Landmark Commission
- Planning Commission
- Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone (TIRZ)
- Traffic & Transportation Advisory Board
- Watershed Advisory Committee
- Zoning Board of Adjustment