News Flash

Media Releases

Posted on: April 27, 2021

City Receives TxDOT Funding for Traffic Safety Projects

The City of New Braunfels received notification last week that four traffic safety projects totaling $1,054,000 have been awarded construction funding through TxDOT’s Highway Safety Improvement Program.

This allocation of federal funding is distributed by TxDOT and is intended to address safety issues at key intersections where serious documented crashes have occurred.

The city and TxDOT worked together to identify and submit projects that addressed these issues and community concerns. The projects that were awarded funding are: 

  • Barbarosa Road/FM 306 & FM 1101$442,000
    • This project includes intersection improvements like additional approach lanes and protected left turn signal phasing.  
  • Hanz Drive & Gruene Road$54,000
    • This project includes advanced intersection warning signals and signs.
  • Walnut Avenue & County Line Road – $202,000
    • This project includes improved traffic signals and school zone improvements.
  • County Line Road & Dove Crossing Drive/Fisher Park Entrance – $356,000
    • This project includes a traffic signal and additional pedestrian improvements. 

TxDOT will provide 90% of construction funding for the Barbarosa Rd./FM 306 & FM 1101 project, with the City of New Braunfels responsible for the other 10% or $44,200. The other three projects have been funded at 100%, although the City will be responsible for project development costs including environmental clearance, the acquisition of right-of-way, and TxDOT administrative costs.  The City anticipates using roadway impact fees to fund the 10% local match and the other project development costs for these projects.  

Construction on these four safety improvement projects are scheduled for next fiscal year (FY 2022).  For more information about other construction projects, please visit the interactive New Braunfels at Work website.

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Media Releases

SalesTaxJuly2021_IGWeb

Sales Tax Received for July

Posted on: September 21, 2021
FairDayClosures_IGWeb

Comal County Fair Day Holiday Closures

Posted on: September 20, 2021
LaborDay_IGWeb

Labor Day Holiday Closures

Posted on: August 28, 2021

Sales Tax Received for June

Posted on: August 25, 2021

Sales Tax Received for May

Posted on: July 21, 2021

Sales Tax Received for April

Posted on: June 21, 2021

Sales Tax Received for March

Posted on: May 20, 2021

Sales Tax Received for February

Posted on: April 16, 2021

Sales Tax Received for January

Posted on: March 25, 2021
Do not drive

Impassable Roadways in New Braunfels

Posted on: February 17, 2021

Sales Tax Received for November

Posted on: January 19, 2021

Missing Middle Housing Summit

Posted on: January 8, 2021

Sales Tax Received for October

Posted on: December 18, 2020

Street Improvement Projects Scheduled

Posted on: December 7, 2020

Sales Tax Received for September

Posted on: November 17, 2020