Purpose: To establish a more customer-focused process to better track materials delivered to the Planning and Community Development Department.
Scope: All materials delivered to the Planning and Community Development Department, associated with an application or permit, will be accompanied by a Letter of Transmittal form that includes the following information:
- The name of the recipient and their division/department
- Date the delivery is made
- Name of the person delivering the material with related contact informationincluding email address
- Project name
- Associated project case or permit number
- List of all materials attached to each transmittal
- Quantity of each item
The City requests two copies of the letter of transmittal form so that a date-stamped copy can be returned for the applicant’s records. The formal letter of transmittal form accompanies this Customer Bulletin. Copies can be downloaded online and printed, orcustomers may obtain one from the Planning and Community Development Department staff.
Summary: The provision of a transmittal form with all materials delivered to the Planning andCommunity Development Department will assist city staff in better tracking materials physically delivered to the department. It will also provide the customer a physicalconfirmation of receipt of their submissions. Thank you.