Applications are now being accepted for the City boards and commissions that have Spring appointments...
Applications are now being accepted for the City boards and commissions that have Spring appointments. Applications are due by March 31st, 2023, and appointments under the Spring term will end May 31st each year, with the new appointment beginning on June 1st. Here are the committees that are currently accepting applications:
- Airport Advisory Board - 2 seats available
- Arts Commission - 2 seats available
- Central Texas Technology Center Advisory Board - 2 seats available
- Construction Board of Appeals – 11 seats available
- Downtown Board - 4 seats available
- Ethics Commission - 3 seats available
- Heritage Commission - 2 seats available
- Historic Landmark Commission – Currently full but accepting applications for potential unexpired terms
- Housing Authority Board of Commissioners - 2 seats available
- Planning Commission - 3 seats available
- Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone (TIRZ #1) – Creekside - 3 seats available
- Traffic & Transportation Advisory Board - 3 seats available
- Watershed Advisory Committee - 4 seats available
- Zoning Board of Adjustment - 4 seats available
- Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone (TIRZ #3) - Downtown New Braunfels - 3 seats available
The online application process gives users an easy way to fill out a short application and upload needed information, including resumes and cover letters. Log on to the City Boards and Commissions Application section of the City website to apply. Some boards and commissions have different eligibility requirements, so each application will be reviewed to ensure those are met. Those who are appointed to serve on a board or commission will then be required to complete one hour of training on the Texas Open Meetings Act.
For a detailed description about each committee, including potential eligibility requirements, visit www.newbraunfels.gov/boards. To apply for a committee, visit www.newbraunfels.gov/apply.